A Fool and His Gold! is a daily mission unique to the 2011 St. Patrick's Day event, Mxyzptlk's Mischief. It can be accepted by speaking to Mister Mxyzptlk, located within the JLA Watchtower's Main Wing. This mission can only be completed while the event is active.
Mister Mxyzptlk, an imp from the 5th-Dimension, is known for the pranks he's played on Superman, Lex Luthor, and other super-powered beings over the years. Now he's learned of the mythical leprechaun, and has decided to breath new life into this legend. He's scattered pots of gold throughout the city of Metropolis, and has challenged the hero community to capture his gold coins.
"Mister Mxyzptlk challenges you to collect Golden Coins from the Pots O' Gold found throughout Metropolis."
- Find Pots O' Gold at the end of Rainbows to collect Golden Coins
- Collect Golden Coins (0/33)
- Return to Mister Mxyzptlk in the Watchtower
- Sometimes green coins would accompany the gold. Interacting with this would result in a small amount of damage and a knock back.
- When the large green clover marker appears, a boulder would soon fall in that location, dealing some damage.
- If you ignore the leprechaun when he demands you talk to him, he would encase players and shove them away.
- Every single street scene drops eight coins, so you need to do at least five of those to get the 33 coins.
Oracle: "Excellent. You collected Mister Mxyzptlk's coins. Maybe now he WILL LEAVE. [sighs] If Superman can't force him out of this dimension, no one can."
Calculator: "Oh good, you made him happy. I don't know how many of those damned Golden Coins it'll take to get him out of our dimension, but I hope we reach that mysterious number soon."