An Artifact is a new type of gear equipped in three Artifact slots, and that you can rank up and fortify with Nth metal to unlock powerful bonuses. Unlike other types of gear that you replace frequently as you advance in Combat Rating, Artifacts require a long term investment and grow with your character. Many Artifacts will also grant new Passive or Active abilities in addition to stats, and will provide new options for how you build or play your character.
Each type of artifact can only be equipped once, it is not possible to equip two or three of the same artifact type at the same time.
You will get your first Artifact by completing the new Artifacts Mission from John Constantine (available at level 20). Once completed, you can obtain additional Artifacts from Constantine in the Watchtower or Hall of Doom for 25 Marks of Victory.
|Cog of Mageddon||Damage (Weapons)|
|Entwined Rings of Azar||Controller|
|Legionnaire's Sparring AI||Damage (Weapons), Tank|
|Parasite's Power Harness||Controller|
|Scrap of the Soul Cloak||Any Role|
|Tetrahedron of Urgrund||Damage (Superpowers)|
|Episodes and Events|
|Amulet of Rao||Controller|
|Bottled City Soder||Any Role|
|Lazarus Pit Water||Any Role|
|Solar Amplifier||Damage (Superpowers)|
|The Demon's Fang||Healer|
|Venom Wrist Dispenser||Damage (Weapons)|
In your inventory, there is a new tab called Artifacts. Once you have an Artifact and some Nth Metal, you can combine the two to add Item Experience to the Artifact. Different kinds of Nth Metal are worth different amounts of Item Experience. Get enough Item Experience into your Artifact and it will increase in Rank. Each Rank gives a small, exponentially increasing stat boost. Every 20 Ranks is a Milestone Rank, which offer larger bonuses and require specific Catalysts to break through.
- Nth Metal is the core reagent for your Artifact. Once you’ve acquired your first Artifact, you’ll be able to find Nth Metal as a rare drop from defeating NPCs. In addition, you’ll be able to get large caches of Nth Metal by completing the Vault and Stabilizer Fragmentation. Nth Metal comes in various qualities, with rarer, more refined pieces granting larger amounts of Item Experience when used to fortify your Artifact.
- Sin Stones are another reagent for Artifacts. They are only available from Assassin Time Capsules.
- Sunstones are yet another reagent for Artifacts. They are only available from Kryptonian Time Capsules.
- Artifacts, which are not needed anymore, can be used as reagents to level up other artifacts. However only half of the XP contained will be applied.
Catalysts are special items required to break through Milestone Ranks. These can be acquired from John Constantine and certain episode vendors for 10 Marks of Victory each. Each Milestone Rank requires a different and specific combination of Catalysts.
Various feats are available related to artifacts.
- Main article: General Feats
- With Hotfix 18/01/18 a second artifact slot was introduced making it possible to equip two artifacts at the same time.
- With Hotfix 15/02/18 the maximum rank of artifacts was increased from 100 to 120.
- With Game Update 84 the maximum rank of artifacts was increased from 120 to 160.
- Artifacts will be temporarily disabled in PvP instances.
- With Game Update 86 a third artifact slot was introduced making it possible to equip three artifacts at the same time.