As a child, Bane was imprisoned with a life sentence in Santa Prisca for the sins of his dead father. Growing strong while fighting other inmates, he became a test subject for the drug Venom of which he was the only survivor. He engineered a prison break from then on focusing on making a name for himself as Bane.
Upon making his way to Gotham City, Bane ended up bringing down the walls of Arkham Asylum causing most of inmates to escape. It took Batman weeks to round up the inmates. When Batman got back, he was ambushed by Bane who determined Batman's secret identity. He managed to defeat Batman by breaking his back. While Batman was recovering, Azrael covered for Batman during the time.
While Bane establishes himself as ruler of Gotham's criminal underworld, Bruce Wayne passes the mantle of Batman to Jean-Paul Valley (also known as Azrael). As Batman, Jean-Paul grows increasingly violent, allowing the villain Abattoir to fall to his death. Jean-Paul also refuses to recognize Robin as his partner. Using a sophisticated combat suit in place of the traditional Batman uniform, he fights and defeats Bane at the end of the Knightfall arc severing the tubes that pump the Venom into Bane's bloodstream causing severe withdrawal. Valley then gives the weakened Bane a vicious beating leaving him alive but broken.
Batman later recovered from his back injuries. Whenever Batman fights Bane, the fight either ends in a draw or Bane's tubes getting cut.
- New players can select a pre-made character template inspired by Bane.
- Bane is a playable character for Legends PvP and Legends PvE.
- In the Cape Carmine Lighthouse Duo, Heroes have to fight Killer Croc and Deathstroke before they can get to Bane. Villains will have to fight Nightwing and The Huntress before taking down Bane.
- Along with Hush, he is one of the possible minibosses in the old Gotham Subway duo and solo hideout.
- Batman wants to stop Bane from supplying a new type of Venom throughout Gotham while using Cape Carmine Lighthouse as his hideout. Batman enlists the help of the new Justice League of America recruits to defeat and interrogate Bane's dealers and then assist Nightwing in taking Bane down.
- Bane attracts the ire of the Joker when he moves into the Falcone family turf. The Joker wants this to cease and he commissions new recruits supported by the Secret Society of Super-Villains to thwart Bane's plans and then join Falcone muscle Killer Croc in taking out Bane himself.
- Bane first appeared in Batman: Vengeance of Bane #1 (January 1993)
- Bane's voice is provided by Jason Liebrecht.
- He is probably Batman's most powerful enemy. Bane is the only "Man who Broke the Bat", due to the status he left Batman in. He could have killed him, but he decides he must first suffer and see everything he loves destroyed.
- Bane has tried to join the League of Assassins, but was rejected by Ra's al Ghul many times. However he did once become worthy of being Ra's al Ghul's heir, proving himself in a swordfight and chess game with no venom enhancement. And was close to marrying Talia Al ghul before Ra's discovered his treachery. Which is why he keeps being rejected from the League.
- Bane DC Database
|Affiliates||Amanda Waller - Bane - Black Adam - Captain Boomerang (George Harkness) - Captain Boomerang (Owen Mercer) - Captain Cold - Deadshot - Doctor Light - Duchess - Harley Quinn - Killer Frost - King Shark - Mirror Master - Oracle - Parasite - Penguin - Poison Ivy - Power Girl - Solomon Grundy - Speedy - Steel - Superboy - Vixen|
|Adversaries||Batman - Lois Lane|
|Other||Chemo - Vicki Vale|
|Bombshell Belle Reve's Poster|
|Apparel||Expert Marksman - Punchline|
|Belle Reve Federal Penitentiary|
|PvE||Suicide Squad Training|
|PvP||Belle Reve Sanitarium|
|Checkmate - United States of America - Justice League of America - Justice Society of America|