Cheetah was once British archaeologist Dr. Barbara Ann Minerva, born as the heiress of a vast fortune in the ancient family site in Nottinghamshire. Ambitious, selfish, and severely neurotic, Barbara develops a passion for archeology that eventually led her to search out a tribe in Africa who utilizes a female guardian with the powers of a cheetah. Obtaining the powers for her own, Minerva pursues Wonder Woman initially for her magical artifacts, however, she currently pursues her simply to calm her bruised ego over being constantly beaten.
Dr. Barbara Minerva was an archaeologist who had garnered a reputation to go to any lengths to secure an artifact. Following an expedition in the African jungle to find the lost city of Urtzkartaga who was said to be guarded by a female guardian with the powers of a cheetah, her team was betrayed by their guides and ambushed by natives. Only she and one other, Dr. Tom Leavens, escaped by diving in a river. The two of them found the lost city while it was in the midst of a ritual but before the ritual could be completed, outsiders attacked the village, slaughtering the natives and the female guardian, however the head priest, Chuma, was saved by Minerva.
Buried inside a temple due to an explosion, Minerva demands that the ritual of turning a woman into a guardian be done to her after she is told that the ritual would give her immortality. Minerva murdered Dr. Leavens as a sacrifice and received the powers and form of the Cheetah. However, due to Minerva not being a virgin, the gift was part curse and part blessing, as she experiences severe pain and physical disability while in her human form and blood-thirsty euphoria while in her cat form
After Wonder Woman made her debut in the Patriarch's world, Minerva learned of the Golden Lasso and became obsessed with obtaining the artifact for her collection. However, her constant attempts are thwarted and Minerva becomes obsessed, instead, with defeating the amazon in combat, forming a hostile rivalry between the two.
- Cheetah (Vendor)
- Cheetah (Hall of Doom)
- Cheetah (Tunnel of Lust)
- Cheetah (Gotham Under Siege)
- Cheetah (Legends PvP)
- Cheetah can be found with other magic users socializing in the Oblivion Bar.
- Cheetah is a playable character for Legends PvP.
- As a Meta Hero, the player will have to fight Cheetah to find Superman in the level 30 Hall of Doom mission.
- Cheetah can be encountered as one of the randomly given bosses in the Shady Nightclub duo.
- Cheetah appears in the Tunnel of Lust to confront Jacob but instead is seduced by his power and defends him from the New Heroes attempting to stop his Lust ritual.
- Cheetah is one of four random iconic villains who must be defeated by heroes in Gotham Under Siege.
- Cheetah appears as a vendor in the Magic Wing of the Hall of Doom.
- Cheetah must be talked to in the Gotham Wastelands for the Lust daily missions.
- Cheetah first appeared in Wonder Woman #6 (1943)
- Cheetah's voice is provided by voice actor Cree Summer.
- Although Minerva is British, she does not have a British accent in DC Universe Online.
- Minerva once had her powers stolen by an Argentinian business tycoon named Sebastian Ballesteros. Having managed to convince Urtzkartaga to make him a Cheetah as the god's previous female acolytes had failed him, Sebastian worked with Circe before Minerva became the temporary host of Tisiphone and killed him; regaining her powers in the process.
- Following one year after the Infinite Crisis, Circe enhanced Cheetah's powers to enable her to retain her human form while channeling her totem. She can still change between her cheetah and human forms if she wishes, however.
- It is implied that Cheetah is in charge of overseeing the magical weapons in the Arcanum section of the Hall of Doom Armory. Calculator comments that the Society should recruit Klarion Bleak as well following the Halloween incident but also notes that Cheetah would not like "sharing her litter box" with anyone else.
- Cheetah is the first Speedster character to be featured as an avatar for Legends PvP.
- Cheetah competes with Ares and Circe in being regarded as Wonder Woman's arch nemesis, having been one of Diana's most persistent foes since her introduction.