Consisting of eight pieces, the set is themed after the hero Nightwing as a specialized Tier 4 PvP (Player versus Player) set only available from the Requisitions-HA in the Hall of Heroes of the JLA Watchtower or Requisitions-VA in the Power Core of the Hall of Doom.
To obtain this set, players must be at Level 30 and have a PvP combat rating of 99 or above.
The Gotham Knight's overall color-scheme consists of three colors that can be chosen by the Player in the Style Window. Specific sections of the style's pieces can also be allocated a more specific colour by the Player.
Emblems do not appear while wearing this style.
- Collecting the full style set unlocks the feat Knight in the City (50 points).
- The Gotham Knight was released alongside the Vengeful Surgeon with Game Update 41 as part of Season 3 of the PvP seasons.
- Along with the Vengeful Surgeon armor set for villains the first gear to feature the new prismatic sockets which allow for any colored equipment mod.
- Richard Grayson chose the mantle of “Nightwing” after his departure from operating under the Batman as “Robin”. Initially choosing a blue and yellow colour scheme, his suit possessed a flared collar and domino mask reminiscent of his circus acrobat origins. Grayson would later evolve his suit to include the ability to catch wind drafts and help him to paraglide through the use of specialized “wings” built into the suit. This design was short-lived however as he found the suit’s weight encumbering and disliked how the “wings” would sometimes randomly catch drafts and push him off balance. Choosing a colour scheme that was closer to the dark themes of Batman, Grayson removed the “wing” design and instead augmented his suit with pouches in his gauntlets and boots, as well as including a pair of spring-loaded pouches in the suit’s back to store a pair of polymer escrima sticks for use as weapons.
- To be able to access the next gear tier at the PvP vendors, all gear slots in the inventory have to hold a gear piece of the previous tier. E.g. to get access to this set (tier 4 PvP gear, PvP item level 100), *all* equipped gear must be of PvP item level 99.