Eons ago the Guardians of the Universe trapped most of the universe's magical energies into an orb called the Starheart. A fragment of this object gave rise to Alan Scott's ring and power battery. Unlike the Green Lantern Corps' equipment, Scott's mystical ring worked fine against yellow objects, but was powerless against wood.
Scott helped establish the Justice Society of America during World War II. After many decades he discovered that his body had been infused with the energy of the Starheart and that he no longer required a ring. Scott briefly took the identity of Sentinel before reclaiming the Green Lantern mantle.
- Alan Scott appears on the balcony of the JSA Headquarters within the hero garrison of the Downtown Metropolis Battlezone.
- Alan Scott is the final boss when you enter the JSA safehouse location in Metropolis to locate and free Sinestro from the JSA's custody.
- Alan Scott first appeared in All-American Comics #16 (July, 1940)
- His relationship to the Green Lantern Corps is in name only. Alan Scott's ring is infused with the power of magic, whereas the Corps power comes from the entity know as Ion, living embodiment of willpower.
- When you battle Alan Scott to free Sinestro from his custody, he uses an energy sword powered by his ring. The design of the sword is the same as the energy sword Alan Scott uses in the classic comic Kingdom Come.