The daughter of General Sam and Elinore Lane, Lois was born in a U.S. Army hospital outside of Wiesbaden, Germany. Sam Lane had always wanted a boy and did not hide his disappointment from Lois, who became a model of self-sufficiency in response to her father's emotional distance. After high school, Lois moved to Metropolis and worked full time at the Daily Planet, rapidly becoming the Daily Planet's leading investigative reporter, winning many awards and a daredevil reputation.
Lois was the person who first named the superhero "Superman", due to the Kryptonian "S" crest on his costume. Befriending the superhero, Lois also gained a new partner, Clark Kent, whom she initially disliked; seeing him as a rival, but eventually fell in love and married. Only later did she discover that Clark and Superman were one and the same person.
- Lois Lane reports information on various events across Metropolis and Gotham City through the collectible Investigations hidden throughout the cities. Sometimes this information provides clues for the player on certain quests.
- Lois Lane is a reporter for internet arm of the Daily Planet newspaper; Daily Planet Live! and the JLA Watch! alongside Vicki Vale, as such she will periodically email the player news updates following the completion of certain Player Briefings.
- Lois Lane is an ally in The Science Spire challenge.
- Lois appears inside the bottled Daily Planet Building with Jimmy Olsen. She speaks to the player during the final story mission when you play as a hero mentored by Superman.
- Lois Lane first appeared in Action Comics #1 (June, 1938).
- Lois Lane is voiced by Adriene Mishler.
- When she was 15, Lois had impressed Perry White with her persistence in trying to get employment at the Daily Planet (by lying about her age).
- Before the arrival of Superman, Lois had a reputation for being an extreme cynic; an attitude formed courtesy of her childhood with her father.
- 1938 Sullivan Lane is the home address of Clark Kent and Lois Lane after they married; the apartment was a wedding gift to the couple by Bruce Wayne, who owned the building. The address is actually a tribute to the year Superman first appeared in comics on June, 1938.
- Lois and Vicki Vale share a professional, though respecting, rivalry as two honest journalists whose skills in their respective areas in the journalism industry frequently see them competing against each other to scoop major events.
- In addition to being an award-winning reporter, Lois has also written a number of mystery novels.
- Lois is slightly unsettled and intimidated with her husband's friendship with Wonder Woman, both due to the close friendship and history the two heroes share and the frequent rumours international medias spread about the two being "more than just good friends".
- As Lois frequently finds herself in positions to act as an information resource for the JLA, the League has given her a modified ePhone that allows her to connect with telecommunications anywhere on the planet. The device also boasts a higher data capacity than a conventional ePhone, allowing her to access and transport information for the JLA if required.
|Affiliates||Amanda Waller - Bane - Black Adam - Captain Boomerang (George Harkness) - Captain Boomerang (Owen Mercer) - Captain Cold - Deadshot - Doctor Light - Duchess - Harley Quinn - Killer Frost - King Shark - Mirror Master - Oracle - Parasite - Penguin - Poison Ivy - Power Girl - Solomon Grundy - Speedy - Steel - Superboy - Vixen|
|Adversaries||Batman - Lois Lane|
|Other||Chemo - Vicki Vale|
|Bombshell Belle Reve's Poster|
|Apparel||Expert Marksman - Punchline|
|Belle Reve Federal Penitentiary|
|PvE||Suicide Squad Training|
|PvP||Belle Reve Sanitarium|
|Checkmate - United States of America - Justice League of America - Justice Society of America|