Small-time conman John Corben was nearly crushed in a car accident, but robotic specialist Emmett Vale rescued Corben, transplanting his still-functioning brain into a robotic body powered by kryptonite. After Corben's operation, Vale told Corben he had to destroy Superman; fearing an invasion from Krypton. Corben instead snapped Vale's neck and embarked on a career as a rampaging, homicidal nightmare who desired nothing less than the death of Superman.
- Metallo (Vendor)
- Metallo (PvP)
- Metallo (Hall of Doom)
- Metallo (STAR Labs Research Facility (Little Bohemia)
- Metallo is an iconic villain who appears at various locations in Metropolis as part of the More Than You Can Chew and Fanboy feats. If a hero encounters him he will knock them back and then leave, if a villain encounters him he will make a comment and then disappear.
- Metallo appears randomly in the Safe House PvE and PvP arenas to support the Villains in various raids against the heroes or to protect the Nightclubs.
- If Superman is your chosen mentor, Metallo will be a mini-boss during a mission to assist S.T.A.R. Labs locations with protecting exobytes used in their research.
- He is also the first mini-boss you encounter in the Hall of Doom while you search for Superman in Superman's Doom.
- Metallo is one of the random iconic encounters for heroes in Alternate Metropolis during the Brothers in Arms operation.
- A Red Lantern Corps version of Metallo called Furious Metallo is a bounty for heroes in the War of the Light Part I DLC.
- Metallo is a Vendor for the Meta Iconic Battle Suit: Metallo's Maw.
- Shielded Alloy Boots (always)
- Metallo first appeared in Action Comics #252 (May 1959)
- Metallo's voice is provided by voice actor Ryan Wickerham.
- Metallo appeared in the opening cinematic in favor of Solomon Grundy, due to the belief the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) would have taken strongly to Grundy's decapitation