Parasite is genetic mutant who is plagued by an unquenchable hunger which can only be quelled by absorbing the life-energies of other people.
Rudy Jones was a downtrodden janitor working in the Daily Planet Building. Wanting more out of life but only motivated by a desire for material things like money, Rudy took every opportunity he could to sate his greed; often taking advantage of cub-reporter Clark Kent's generosity in order to do so. When Lex Luthor, as part of a daily "LexCorp Lottery", promised to give Rudy an education and the chance to become a true success, Rudy's greed proved to be his undoing when he ate a doughnut covered in toxic waste.
Transformed by the chemicals in the doughnut, Jones is forced to draining all living creatures into husks at his touch. Because of the massive danger he presents to anyone he comes into contact with, he spends most of his time imprisoned in Stryker's Island Penitentiary. He has been a member of the Suicide, Superman Revenge Squad and the Secret Society of Super-Villains
- Parasite appears randomly in the Safe House PvE and PvP arenas to support the Villains in various raids against the heroes or to protect the Nightclubs.
- Parasite is one of the random iconic encounters for heroes in Alternate Metropolis during the Brothers in Arms operation.
- A Sinestro Corps version of Parasite called Fearsome Parasite is a bounty for heroes in the War of the Light Part I DLC.
- Parasite is one the first characters encountered by fledgling super-villains after they leave Brainaic's ship. His metaDNA has been weaponized by LexCorp and is being tested on the student body at Metropolis University. A running battle between Luthor's protogees and the Metropolis Police culminates when Parasite and new recruits join forces to take down Power Girl.
- Parasite can be found at Club L'Excellence, the Little Bohemia safehouse of the Secret Society.
- Parasite is the point of resolution for Luthor's case of H.I.V.E. investation at the Metropolis Metrodome.
- Parasite first appeared in Action Comics #240 (August 1966)
- Parasite is voiced by Robert Faires.
- Parasite can absorb the powers and personality traits of anyone he touches.
|Affiliates||Amanda Waller - Bane - Black Adam - Captain Boomerang (George Harkness) - Captain Boomerang (Owen Mercer) - Captain Cold - Deadshot - Doctor Light - Duchess - Harley Quinn - Killer Frost - King Shark - Mirror Master - Oracle - Parasite - Penguin - Poison Ivy - Power Girl - Solomon Grundy - Speedy - Steel - Superboy - Vixen|
|Adversaries||Batman - Lois Lane|
|Other||Chemo - Vicki Vale|
|Bombshell Belle Reve's Poster|
|Apparel||Expert Marksman - Punchline|
|Belle Reve Federal Penitentiary|
|PvP||Belle Reve Sanitarium|
|Checkmate - United States of America - Justice League of America - Justice Society of America|