Professor Zoom hailed from the far future of the 25th century. Eobard Thawne became obsessed with the 20th century’s second and most prominent Flash (Barry Allen), even going so far as to try to duplicate his powers. He found one of the Flash’s old costumes in a time capsule and the suit’s residual Speed Force energy provided the boost he needed. Now possessing super speed, Thawne traveled back five centuries to meet his idol but arrived several years after Allen’s death during the Crisis. Conclusive evidence Thawne discovered in a museum stating that he would one day become the evil Reverse-Flash sent Thawne into psychological shock, and he briefly posed as a resurrected Barry Allen before returning to his own time. Now harboring a hatred for Barry Allen, he dyed his costume in opposite-spectrum colors and returned to the 20th century as Professor Zoom, the Reverse-Flash.
- Professor Zoom is one of the iconic villains who fight the Anti-Monitor and his minions in the Attack of the Anti-Monitor anniversary event.
- Zoom is part of the duo instance Gorilla Grodd's Lab. You must defeat him and Grodd.
- Zoom is a bounty in Central City.
- Zoom can be found in the Hangar of the Hall of Doom, near the Tech Wing. He offers Race objectives for those who seek them.
Item Drops Edit
- Zoom first appeared in Flash #139 (September 1963)
- During the Hall of Doom introduction, Calculator refers to Zoom as "Professor Zoom" (Eobard Thawne) despite the costume reflecting that of Hunter Zolomon. This is probably due to the fact that at the last minute The Flash was changed from Wally West to Barry Allen.