R&D Gear are armor pieces which can be produced through the process of research and development.
Every episode cycle will have items which do not drop from playing content and thus exclusively are available as R&D Gear.
Introduced with game update 54 R&D Gear is primarily meant as a last resort to obtain gear not dropping as loot from doing content. It is not meant to replace the need to play content to get gear, thus its assembly costs and parts gathering time have been made quite expensive.
- Episodes 15, 16 and 17: Equipment Supplier 151617 (Style: Energy Armor)
- Episodes 18, 19 and 20: Equipment Supplier 181920 (Style: Herald of the Black)
- Episodes 21, 22 and 23: Equipment Supplier 212223 (Style: Quickstryke)
- Episodes 24, 25 and 26: Equipment Supplier 242526 (Style: Nuclear)
Plans become available at the vendor alongside the episode cycle's release scheme for regular gear.
- Episode 1/3: Fused Scraps, Chest, Back, Legs and Waist
- Episode 2/3: Head, Hands, Feet and Shoulders, Face
- Episode 3/3: Neck, Trinket, Utility Belt, Weapon Box, Ring
Scraps are the remainders of salvaging unneeded gear at an R&D Station. They are the raw materials for producing R&D gear.
Depending on its rarity, salvaged gear will produce a guaranteed minimum number of scraps and might in very rare cases produce up to 396.
- Uncommon: 2, 5, 12 or 132 scraps
- Rare: 4, 10, 24 or 264 scraps
- Epic: 6, 15, 36 or 396 scraps
Every episode cycle has its own unique kind of scraps, meaning to produce gear from e.g. episodes 18, 19 and 20 you will need to also salvage gear from those episodes.
- Episodes 15, 16 and 17: Lochelite Scraps
- Episodes 18, 19 and 20: Metalloid Scraps
- Episodes 21, 22 and 23: Spordium Scraps
- Episodes 24, 25 and 26: Drenzium Scraps
- Episodes 15, 16 and 17: Fused Lochelite Scraps
- Episodes 18, 19 and 20: Fused Metalloid Scraps
- Episodes 21, 22 and 23: Fused Spordium Scraps
- Episodes 24, 25 and 26: Fused Drenzium Scraps
How-to Assemble R&D GearEdit
- Play content from the episodes in question and salvage unneeded gear at an R&D Station to produce the episodes specific scraps, for episodes 18, 19 and 20 that would be Metalloid Scraps.
- Visit the episode vendor for the episodes you are missing gear from, e.g. Equipment Supplier 181920.
- Buy the plan to produce Fused Scraps for that episode cycle, for episodes 18, 19 and 20 that would be Plans: Fused Metalloid Scraps. 100 scraps from salvaged gear will allow you to assemble 1 Fused Scrap.
- Buy the plan for the gear piece you want to assemble, e.g. chest, trinket or rings. Use it and go to an R&D Station to check out the number of parts you will need. Plans for R&D Gear will appear below all other plans in the Assembly tab of the R&D Station.
- Buy the number of Matter Enhancers needed to assemble the wanted gear piece from a R&D vendor.
- If you have gathered the required amount of scraps to produce the Fused Scraps needed and have bought the required number of Matter Enhancers, you are ready to assemble the wanted gear piece at a R&D Station.
|Gear||Plan Cost||Scraps||Fused Scraps||Matter Enhancer||Total Cost|
* R&D only item, not available as loot drop
- Originally released for episodes 18, 19 and 20 with game update 54 the R&D Gear system was made available for episodes 15, 16 and 17 with hotfix 11/12/15.
- Hotfix 02/08/16 reduced the number of Fused Scraps necessary to build each armor piece.
- The concept of R&D Gear was discontinued with the return to large content releases (Amazon Fury Part III), though it remains in place for content from episode 15 to episode 26.