The Witching Hour is a Halloween-themed seasonal event that occurs throughout the month of October. It replaced the Spooktacular event.
The event showcases Halloween throughout Gotham City and features Halloween-themed items and unique missions and locations for the Player Character to explore.
- Gotham City Sewers Mission: Hunt down and stop the Scarecrow before he doses the entire East End district in his Fear Gas.
- Skeets' Boo'tique: A special Vendor kiosk filled with Halloween-themed items, trinkets and Costume Style pieces.
- Halloween-themed Armour Style Sets: Obtainable from Skeets' Workshop kiosks is the Jute style set.
- The Midnight Masquerade: A Tier-1 Event Alert mission where four players are tasked confronting and defeating Klarion Bleak.
- Halloween-themed Trinkets: [] Trinkets
- Main article: Seasonal Feats
Collections and InvestigationsEdit
- Additionally a new style set, Skeleton, with relating feat and the Witch Hat style item drop have been added.
- Mister Boo is now the only ghost trinket available from the seasonal vendor. Ms Boo has changed abilities and Boo Junior has been introduced.
- The seasonal vendor, Skeets' Boo'tique, now also has seasonal base items in stock.
See 2012 and 2013.
- For the first time The Vault has Halloween-themed interiors this year.
- Additionally six new styles, Halloween plastic masks of superheroes and supervillains are available from the seasonal vendor Skeets' Boo'tique.
- This year brings another ghost-themed trinket called Baby Boo.
- New seasonal base items are also available from the seasonal vendor.
- The first appearance of this event in 2011, which featured only special items and a beginner-level instance with increased difficulty, was so badly received that SOE revised and restructured the entire event for its next release in 2012.
- Due to massive log in server issues around the time of the then called Spooktacular in 2011, the event was officially extended a week until November 14th to give players a chance to get the trinkets and items.
Completing this mission awards 1 Spooky Bite daily with two more from The Midnight Masquerade, which can be used to purchase the following items: Completing the The Midnight Masquerade instance awards the team 4 random Trick or Treat consumables: