The Themyscira: Gates of Tartarus is a temple on the island of Themyscira built to protect the entrance portal to the bowls of Tartarus; a Greecian hell dimension the Amazons of Themyscira have been charged to defend to the death.
Unfortunately Brainiac has targeted the temple in his quest to assimilate the magical Flame of Change to further his conquest of Earth to access the Multiverse.
Briefings and InvestigationsEdit
- Olympian: Complete the Themyscira: The Gates of Tartarus raid in 30 minutes or less (25 Points)
- They Used to be Adventurers: Ensure all three Colossal Archers reach the front lines at the Paradise Court battle in the Themyscira: The Gates of Tartarus raid (10 Points)
- Honor the Fallen: Honor the fallen Amazons in Themyscira (10 Points)
- Honor the Fallen: Honor the fallen Beastiamorphs in Themyscira (10 Points)
- When transport pilot Diana Trevor crash-landed on Themyscira, she arrived in the midst of a pitched battle where the Amazons of Themyscira were trying to reseal the portal from which a one hundred armed obsidian creature called Cottus who was trying to escape. Joining the Amazon Phillipus as she charged the monster, Diana aimed her gun directly between the monster's eyes and fired just as it crushed her to death. Through Trevor's efforts, Cottus was forced to retreat and Doom's Doorway sealed. Salvaging material from her clothing, two sets of battle armour and coat-of-arms were crafted, each employing the WAFS insignia. Diana's body was dressed in one for her funeral pyre while the other was secured along with the gun until the day a warrior would arised who'd prove worthy of her mantle.
- The Themyscira Command Posts, which players can enter with the Amazon Fury Part I DLC, are set up within the Courtyard of the Slumbering Colossus and the Paradise Court, both of which are encountered in this raid.