why was the following page removed: Hotfix_06/06/12 ?
there was a HotFix on this date but its details were never made public. i added it there for historic perposes
the template Template:Noinfo is used to identify this.
could i please recreate the page?
Key Moments of MMO History Video NarrationEdit
Hey there Netherith, It's Doug and I'm a member of Wikia's Community Development Team! Wikia is creating an exciting Key Moments of MMO History video that will showcase several amazing games of the genre. We're looking for admins of MMO wikis who would be interested in submitting a short vocal narration about their game of choice.
We want to ask you the question What is the most important moment in DC Universe Online's History?
If you're interested, please record an MP3 voice narration of your answer, a few sentences to a small paragraph is fine. If you have no recording software and are still interested, we can schedule a Skype call to record! Please send the finished recording to firstname.lastname@example.org and you'll be featured in the video to represent your community! Thank you and have a good one! TheBlueRogue •(profile)•(talk)•(email@example.com) 20:41, April 19, 2014 (UTC)
Character Spotlight Background ImageEdit
I had to remove your supposed to be background image TechBackground3.png for the character spotlight since it pushed the actual content to pop up in the middle of the home page. This will not work by simply adding an image.
I added a class to the tables on the template page of character spotlight and tried the first solution mentioned under http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Is_it_possible_to_add_background_images_to_table_cells%3F by adding to our site CSS, but it did not work seemingly.
Thus it has to stay without background image until a proper solution is found.
P.S.: I have not changed Information Nexus, so you can check out what happened there though here the pop up is somewhat hidden by another element on the page.
- I see no problem on my screen. Netherith (talk) 17:09, April 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Then you probably are using Chrome. It looked ok with Chrome here too, but I also tried with Opera and Firefox. Opera only shows a slightly off textbox, but Firefox is really weird.
- Did it do this originally in Opera and Firefox? Netherith (talk) 08:16, April 27, 2014 (UTC)
- I don't know what you mean with originally in this regard. I opened the site yesterday and was greeted with that pushed pop up like layout. There was a problem with stretched, very unsharp images in the last days, which definitely displayed ok before and which still are ok if you click through, but other than that, no. Datasentinel (talk) 09:51, April 27, 2014 (UTC)
- I found a solution to do it more properly just a minute ago. It's via our site CSS. The image cannot be made to fit into the table by these means though. If you don't like how it looks now, you have to shrink the original image and re-upload. If you decide to do this, please leave the image sufficiently larger as the table so that there will be no black inner rim on different browsers. Datasentinel (talk) 10:11, April 27, 2014 (UTC)
- I have it working now even with a fitting image. Looks good in Firefox, Opera, Chrome and even Internet Explorer. This uses CSS3 which is not (yet) in every browser I think, at least many older browsers are still in use which do not support it.
- The blurry thumbnails are a side-effect of the wikia corp updating something. It should resolve itself soon. Netherith (talk) 08:01, April 28, 2014 (UTC)
Home Page Spice UpEdit
I have done a couple of updates on the home page.
- Updated the visual site menu
- White border around the images
- Full image link, i.e. the whole graphics link to the article in question now
- The menu entry name is centered now
- Added a scrolling news flash
- Added all in-game hints we have as changing single hint via choose tag.
Please feel free to comment and/or change what you feel is inappropriate.
- Very nice work. I will probably alter the appearance of the "Did you know" section. Maybe give it an Ambush Bug theme or something. Otherwise good upgrades. Should we change the wikia's background or leave as is? Netherith (talk) 04:10, June 5, 2014 (UTC)