War of the Light Part I is an episode pack for DC Universe Online released on January 22nd, 2014 for subscribers and January 28th, 2014 for non-subscribers. Members of four of the Lantern Corps have turned Metropolis into a battleground, and the new Heroes and Villains will be called to wage battle in this new War of Light. The Episode includes a new version of Metropolis with Mogo and Ranx in the sky and introduces the Blue Lanterns Saint Walker and Brother Warth.
War of the Light Part I is the 9th episode pack. Access to the episode content is available to members with an active subscription and a combat rating of 84. Non-members may purchase access in the Marketplace for $4.99.
- " " — Hal Jordan
- "A War of Light has begun and you must pick a side. I suggest you join with my Sinestro Corps, as we impose order on the universe. Use the teleporter in the Hall of Doom to travel to Ranx, a world-sized sentient city. He's a fully-fledged member of the Corps, and in orbit, so tread carefully." — Sinestro
Strange prismatic mists have appeared in Metropolis that are affecting the city's citizens in addition to various heroes and villains, ranging from Yellow (Amber), Green (Emerald), Blue (Azure), and Red (Crimson), these mists have led the Blue Lantern Corps to come to Earth to join the other three corps already present on the planet in collecting the mists to discover their source.
Briefings and InvestigationsEdit
- Prior to March 31st, 2015, War of the Light I access included the Rage power set, Saint Walker Legends and Atrocitus Legends. Previous owners of the DLC will retain access.
- 16 iconic characters are infected by the emotion mists.
- Rings will randomly approach and scan the player for potential recruitment.
- Emblems always stay their original colour due to copyright reasons.
- Mepps coined the term "Fibermesh" to describe the material of the new lantern costumes.