War of the Light Part I is a themed Downloadable Content Pack (DLC) for DC Universe Online released on January 22nd, 2014 for subscribers and January 28th, 2014 for non-subscribers.
War of the Light Part I is the first of the the War of the Light trilogy that focuses on characters that wield power from the Emotional Electromagnetic Spectrum. By the end of this trilogy, all the colors of the emotional spectrum will have been introduced including the "lack of color".
The DLC includes a new version of Metropolis with Mogo and Ranx in the sky and introduces the Blue Lanterns Saint Walker and Brother Warth.
War of the Light Part I is the 9th DLC to DCUO and includes access to the 12th power set, Rage.
Strange prismatic mists have appeared in Metropolis that are affecting the city's citizens in addition to various heroes and villains, ranging from Yellow (Amber), Green (Emerald), Blue (Azure), and Red (Crimson), these mists have led the Blue Lantern Corps to come to Earth to join the other three corps already present on the planet in collecting the mists to discover their source.
The War of the Light has begun!
Strange colored mists are affecting civilians in Metropolis, and the Lantern Corps have been drawn to the city to investigate. Mogo and Ranx have appeared in the skies over Metropolis, already at war, and the fighting is pouring out into the streets in Downtown Metropolis Battlezone. The Green Lantern Corps and Sinestro Corps have been joined by the Blue Lantern Corps and Red Lantern Corps, and Heroes and Villains alike have been swept up in the conflict.
New Bounties and Side Missions are available to players in their respective Command Centers.
New Shared Area - Command Centers!
Travel off-world to Mogo’s Command Center (Hero) or Ranx’s Command Center (Villain) to accept new weekly Side Missions and a new Bounty/Wanted Mission.
Players can travel to their Command Center by using the teleporter located in their HQ.
Combat Rating: 84
New 4 Player Operations
Players receive two new Tier 5 Operations!
- Hal Jordan or Sinestro are recruiting players for assistance investigating areas around Metropolis that are flooded with colored mists. The mists are mysteriously affecting citizens and scientists in the area, and members of the Corps are already engaged in an all out war. It will be up to you to make sense of this chaos.
- Heroes must aid Hal Jordan in assaulting Ranx, and Villains must aid Sinestro in assaulting Mogo. The fighting is expected to be intense, and both warn recruits to be ready for anything.
- Heroes and Villains must confer with their leaders about battle plans and a path to victory in the War of the Light. Each side thinks they have gained the upper hand, but the ultimate success or failure of your faction will be up to you.
Open your On Duty Menu and look for the new Operation under Tier 5 of the 8 Player Tab
Combat Rating: 85
Atrocitus and Saint Walker make their debut in Legends PvP.
These new Legends can be purchased in-game with Marks of Legend at the Legends Terminals in your HQ.
New Power Type: Rage!
Inspired by the Red Lantern Corps, wield the power of Rage! Create a new character and choose Rage as your Power or choose Atrocitus or Guy Gardner as your Inspiration.
Players can also purchase a Respec Token: Power Type in the Marketplace to change an existing character to Rage.
Rage Powers have two trees: Anger and Punishment.
It is based on Red Lantern Rage and will grant the player the Tank role at level 10.
New PvE Gear!
New PvE Gear includes Scion of Ion set, inspired by Hal Jordan (Hero), Disciple of Parallax set, inspired by Sinestro (Villain), and Vestments of Rage (Hero and Villain), inspired by Atrocitus.
Also now with greater availability is the rare style: Avatar Infiltrator (Hero and Villain), originally only found in Fortress of Solitude.
New Base Items!
Collect new base items by participating in War of the Light Part I content.
New Collections & Feats!
Earn new Collections and Feats by completing War of the Light Part I content. Collections award new styles and a base item inspired by NPCs from the War of the Light Part I content.
New Character Select Background!
Players can now select Downtown Metropolis Battlezone as their Character Selection Background.
- 16 iconic characters are infected by the emotion mists.
- Rings will randomly approach and scan the player for potential recruitment.
- Emblems always stay their original colour due to copyright reasons.
- Mepps coined the term "Fibermesh" to describe the material of the new lantern costumes.