Wayne Enterprises (also known as Wayne Corporation) is a large multinational conglomerate based in Gotham City. Created, owned and run by members of the Wayne Family, the conglomerate is currently inherited by Bruce Wayne and his wards, with the conglomerate's businesses run by chief executive officer, Lucius Fox, from Gotham City's Wayne Enterprises Building.
Wayne Enterprises is perhaps the only Gotham-based corporation to weather the city's earthquake and year of No Man's Land. The company ensured its continued survival by transferring the burden of its manufacturing to satellite facilities elswhere. After fierce debate, the American congress reneged the No Man's Land and the ambitious "Billion Dollar Build-Up" Federal Works Project began, teaming LexCorp, S.T.A.R. Labs, Wayne Enterprises, Wayne Foundation and the US Army Corp of Engineers in rebuilding Gotham from the ground up.
Profits earned by Wayne Enterprises during NML were some of the first capital funds applied to the city's eventual rebuilding. Without hesitation, Wayne Enterprises exceeded Lex Luthor's investments in Gotham's future.
- As a supporting Faction member, Heroes can gain trust with WayneTech, a subsidiary division of Wayne Enterprises, through completing certain missions or collecting Bounties and gain access to rare and powerful items and equipment from WayneTech Vendors.
- Along with S.T.A.R Labs, Wayne Enterprises is one of the largest corporations in the DC Universe.
- All Wayne Enterprises buildings are designed to withstand earthquakes that register up to 8.5 on the Richter scale, allowing them to survive the 7.6 earthquake that hit and destroyed the majority of Gotham.
- The Daily Planet newspaper was bought by Bruce Wayne through Wayne Enterprises' Wayne Entertainment division to ensure the newspaper's freedom and stability after it had a brief stint under Lex Luthor's ownership.
- Original Wayne Enterprises Building
- Wayne Enterprises (building)
- Old Wayne Tower