Ted Grant grew to become a heavyweight boxing champion. After being framed for murder in the boxing ring by mafioso Victor Moretti, Ted became a fugitive from justice. Inspired by Green Lantern (Alan Scott), Ted donned a black-cat costume and became Wildcat; using his new persona and skills to pound a confession from Moretti and clear his name.
Keeping his persona, Grant began patrolling the streets of New York City and ridding them of mob-related crime; joining the Justice Society of America he opened his own gym and trained some of the world's greatest fighters; including Batman, Black Canary and Catwoman.
- Wildcat is found in the JSA Safehouse guarding secret information about Sinestro's location. After defeating him, Society members must discover Sinestro's holding place and pursue the JSA to free him.
- A Green Lantern Corps version of Wildcat called Unyielding Wildcat is a bounty for villains in the War of the Light Part I DLC.
- Wildcat first appeared in Sensation Comics #1 (January 1942)
- His voice was provided by voice actor Clancy Brown.
- Years later, during the Crisis, Grant is crippled while saving a child. Yolanda assumes his identity to honor her godfather and the principles he represented. Grant is at first annoyed with this new super-heroine, but when he discovers she is his god-daughter, he gives Yolanda his blessing. Grant eventually makes a full recovery.
|Heroes||Doctor Fate - Flash (Jay Garrick) - Green Lantern (Alan Scott) - Hawkgirl - Hawkman - Hippolyta - Power Girl - Red Tornado - Shazam - Wildcat|
|Villains||Black Adam - Eclipso - Felix Faust - Gentleman Ghost - Solomon Grundy - Ultra-Humanite - Vandal Savage|
|Other||Black Canary - Doctor Occult - Etrigan the Demon - Spectre - Uncle Sam|
|Helm of Nabu|
|Apparel||Aegis of Eternity - Elemental Android - Nth-Metal Battlesuit - Power (Style)|
|PvE||JSA Safehouse - JSA Metropolis Wing|
|Justice League of America - United States of America|